Project Proposal

­­Introduction

The basic topic of this website is about a pub style restaurant in Thompson Rivers University. The restaurant name is The Den and it is the only restaurant that offer liquor. It is the coolest restaurant in the University because it has a beautiful bar and lots of TV’s and people can enjoy watching TV shows, music, food, and beverages. This multimedia website doesn’t have an official website so, this will be the official “The Den” website. This website shows photos and videos about the restaurant, and it will help people to understand The Den and its background. This website helps students to find more details such as menus, beverages, and more information about the working process. 

Rationale 

I choose this topic since most of the students and professors have no idea about The Den because most of them waste lots of time by driving to another restaurant. People must know about The Den and this multimedia website will help them to find the restaurant and help them to find more information about the restaurant. If students and professors know this website, they don’t have to miss any class because they already know the restaurant is inside the campus. People always love to dine in a beautiful restaurant with lights, TVs, music, and bars because that kind of a vibe will make people more exited and happier. “Who doesn’t like to talk with having some beer”. 

Core angles/ questions relevant to the topic. 

1. List of questions this multimedia project could explore
    • About the food and beverages
    • Times that open and closes 
    • How to order food from The Den? 
    • What kind of a location? 
    • Who are the people we are targeting?
    • How does the dining area look like?
  2. List of general story ideas or angles that might be included
    • How quality is the service?
    • How to handle lots of student at once?
    • How often do The Den hire people?
    • Is it fun to work in The Den or Not?
    • What is the hardest work in The Den?

Media Outline

1. First, I’m going to add some photos about the locations, and I will add screen shot of a google maps as well. Then I will take dining area photos with people. Then I will take some photos in the bar and some delicious food plats. I will take some creating and catchy photos that make people attractive. 
  2. I will interview a staff member who work there for 3 years, and it will be a good audio record. The audio interview includes the stories and work process. It will help people to understand the current situation and updates. 
  3. I have an idea to shoot a video that covers everything such as food, beverages, staff, the bar, and the dining area.